A Perfect activity for Adrenaline Junkies- Skydive in Playa!
What is adrenaline?
Adrenaline is a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands (adrenal) in a situation of danger. It causes us to react instantly to the emergency.
How does it work?
Adrenaline makes our nervous system “hyperactive” our vital functions to the situation of alarm:
- It accelerates the heart rate (maximum blood is needed to bring more oxygen and nutrients to all organs)
- Increases breathing to oxygenate the blood.
- Dilates the pupils as we need the best possible sight to “see the danger.”
- It increases blood pressure. The blood vessels of the major organs are enlarged to receive more blood while smaller vessels narrow because they are not essential at the moment (ears, nose, hands, etc.) So in moments of release of adrenaline we were pale.
- Get our glycogen (glucose)levels to a certain level so that our muscles have maximum fuel … to run or fight.
- Consider that adrenaline was necessary both in Prehistory (out of a wild animal) as today to avoid an accident, in the most exciting moment of a movie or video game, in reaction to a shock when you do an activity or take a risk .
Why do people need adrenaline?
There are people who really feel the need to download extra dose of adrenaline to practice extreme sports, driving the car at high speed, looking for a fight, going to attractions like the roller coaster, very scary watching movies, etc.
One explanation is that the release of adrenaline produces a state (momentary) of euphoria, high energy and capacity for action. Then the person feels a pleasant feeling of relaxation thanks to the release of endorphins.
The sedentary life of cities and everyday stress cause the release of adrenaline to be of low intensity and require ever stronger stimuli to feel “alive”.
Skydiving in Playa?
This is one of the most popular skydiving programs. This jump includes a 40 second freefall, and an 8 minute canopy ride while you’re actually attached to your jumpmaster. This is a unique way to experience your first skydive.
TRAINING: For a Tandem jump is only about 20 minutes.
JUMPING: While attached to your jumpmaster, you will exit the plane from 10,000 feet. After a 40 second freefall, you and your instructor will be suspended in a dual harness below an oversized ram-air canopy.
While under canopy, the instructor will assist you in guiding the canopy to a soft, on-target beach landing.
Here are the numbers to call and get more information from SKYDIVE PLAYA
Plaza Marina, Local 32, Zona Marina Federal Sur
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo 77710
Tel: (984) 873 0192
Fax: (984) 873 1015
From USA: 011 52 (984) 8730192